SHRIMP IN A SPICY TOMATO COCONUT BROTH WITH A HINT OF LIME AND CILANTRO
- 1 lbs peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 orange bell peppers diced
- 1-2 jalapeños sliced (use more or less depending on spice level)
- 1 small onion diced
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes diced
- 14 oz can light coconut milk
- 1 lime squeezed
In a medium pot, heat oil on medium-low heat. Add orange peppers, jalapeños, onion, garlic and sauté until soft, about 4 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup cilantro, ginger and red pepper flakes, cook 1 minute.
Add tomatoes, coconut milk and 1/4 teaspoon salt, increase heat and bring to a boil and simmer on low about 10 minutes to thicken the sauce.
Add shrimp and cook 5 to 6 minutes, until pink and cooked through.
Add lime juice.
To serve, divide equally among 4 bowls and top with remaining 1/4 cilantro.