Better than takeout skinny orange chicken
- 2 lbs skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- orange chicken sauce ingredients below
- toppings: sesame seeds
- ORANGE CHICKEN SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Gluten-free low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Fresh Ginger
- 1 tsp. sambal more if you like it spicy
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- In a separate bowl
- Stir 1cornstarch; 2 tablespoons cold water
Season chicken generously with black pepper.
Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute for about 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and nearly cooked through.
Whisk all ingredients together until combined excluding corn starch and water. Pour in the orange chicken sauce, and stir to combine.
Let the sauce come to a boil, and stir in cornstarch and water mixture and cook allow to thicken.
Remove from heat and serve immediately over quinoa or rice. Garnish with sesame seeds.